Secure, simple and fast application access
Business no longer happens between the four walls of an office building. The increase in remote users is a challenge for many organizations. Corporate VPN setups are typically not scoped for large numbers of off-site workers, and scaling access is expensive, slow, and complicated for most businesses. Security becomes even more important for remote users. Performance Cloud, part of TRIMM can help.
We can do this with the service ‘Enterprise Application Access’. This is a unique cloud architecture that closes all inbound firewall ports, while ensuring that only authorized users and devices have access to the internal applications they need — not the entire network. No one can access applications directly because they are hidden from the Internet and public exposure.
Enterprise Application Access integrates data path protection, single sign-on, identity access, application security, and management visibility and control into one service. And device posture capabilities allow security and threat intelligence signals to enhance contextual access to corporate applications.
It can be deployed in minutes through a unified portal with a single point of control, in any network environment, and at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. The result is a secure-access delivery model that enables a zero CapEx, low OpEx model for critical workloads deployed in any environment.
We can globally deploy Enterprise Application Access in less than 15 minutes to secure and manage remote access.
- Reduce the risk of compromise from employees, third-party contractors, partners, and mobile users — regardless of their location — by delivering secure application access without the need for network access.
- Deliver better-informed decision-making through enhanced visibility and a more granular understanding of users based on security signals, including device posture, threat intelligence, and endpoint compromise.
- Eliminate the operational cost and risk involved in maintaining and patching VPNs, and other appliance-based solutions, for secure application access.
- Enable high performance at low cost in a branch environment by retiring Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) and using application access over the Internet as transport.
- Reduce your technical complexity and debt with a user/application-centric model for secure access, by building on the unmatched scalability of the Akamai Intelligent Edge platform
- Leverage the power of multiple clouds by enabling secure access to applications across AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud, as well as web and SaaS applications — using a single secure portal for access
- Accelerate the pace of mergers and acquisitions by enabling shared access to applications, without complex or costly network consolidation or re-architecture.
Identity-Aware Security: How It Works
Akamai’s Enterprise Application Access (EAA) is an Identity-Aware Proxy (IAP) in the cloud. It’s a flexible and adaptable service with granular decision-making access based on real-time signals such as threat intelligence, device posture, and user information. The solution is part of Akamai’s highly scalable performance edge platform and bypasses the need for network access, while also reducing application delivery risk, cost, and complexity.
Enterprise Application Access integrates data path protection, identity and access management (IAM), application security, multi-factor authentication (MFA), single sign-on (SSO), and management visibility and control into a unified service across all application locations and types (on-premises, Internet, IaaS, SaaS, etc.).
The edge-delivered solution supports clientless and client-required applications with one-click integrations for Active Directory, SAML providers, CDNs, forward proxies, SIEM tools, and other infrastructures. Scaling and deploying applications across public and private infrastructures are easy with built-in high-availability capabilities, server load balancing, and automatic application routing.
Ensure your business continuity: Get started with Akamai Enterprise Application Access
Want to know more about the Enterprise Application Access of Akamai, Performance Cloud, our cooperation, or how we can help you? Don't hesitate to contact us. Fill in the form below and our hosting & security experts will reach out to you as soon as possible.